Step Three: Application Process
- Submit an online application.
- Submit a completed Parent's Perspective Form.
- Request information from student's current school.
- Schedule a Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (for Kindergarten applicants only).
- Schedule a student visit.
- Await Application Decision.
- Submit Financial Aid application (if applicable).
- Confirm your decision to enroll.
Please click here to begin the online application. You will be prompted to create a secure username and password which will allow you to edit and review your application before submitting it.
The online application, a non-refundable $85 fee, and all necessary admissions materials must be received by January 25, 2019. Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In our effort to appreciate the uniqueness of each child, we invite you to comment on your child’s strengths, interests, and special needs by completing the Parent's Perspective Form. Your candid comments and understanding of your child are extremely helpful to us.
Please feel free to attach your responses on a different sheet(s) of paper, if additional space is needed.
Student transcripts and teacher recommendations will assist the Admissions Committee in evaluating your child's academic history and accomplishments.
We ask that you submit the following forms to your child's current school or teacher so that they may be completed and returned to Walden by January 26, 2018. Please note that all completed forms should be mailed by the child's current school or teacher directly to Walden School.
Once all required application materials have been received, the Admissions Office staff will contact parents to arrange a visit day for each student.
Most Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants visit Walden on Saturdays in January or February. All other applicants, grades 1 through 6, typically spend a morning visiting in a classroom. During the visit, children will participate in activities which will permit the teachers to assess their social/emotional development and academic skills.
The Admissions Committee evaluates all completed applications. The consortium of Pasadena Area Independent Schools (PAIS),of which Walden School is a member, collectively sets the date on which decisions letter will be mailed to prospective students. For Fall 2018 admission, all decision letters will be mailed on March 9, 2018. Enrollment Contracts with a $1,000 non-refundable deposit will be due approximately 10 days later.
Applying for financial assistance is a three step process. Please be sure that you complete all three steps to ensure that your application is processed. Applications received after January 26, 2018 will not be considered until all applicants who met the deadlines are processed.
1. Click here to download the Walden School Financial Aid Letter of Intent. Print and complete this letter and mail it to Walden, so that we receive it by January 26, 2018.
2. Click here to begin the online Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST) application. The online application must be completed in full by January 26, 2018. For questions about completing the online FAST application, please call FAST directly at 1-877-326-3278.
3. The following documents must be received by FAST (Do not mail to Walden School.) by February 16, 2018: 1) a copy of your complete and signed 2017 tax returns with W-2 and schedules attached and a copy of your last 2017 pay stub(s).
Mail directly to FAST at the address below:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
The Financial Aid Committee maintains strict confidentiality over financial aid files. Teachers, members of the Board of Trustees, and students are not informed of financial aid applications or decisions. The Financial Aid Committee will consider financial assistance only for families who meet all of the above listed deadlines.
To learn more about the Financial Aid process and how it affects prospective and current families, please click here.