Walden graduates place at the top independent schools in the area. The 29 graduates of the Class of 2019 were accepted to 12 different middle schools:
- High Point
- Mayfield Junior
- Flintridge Prep
At Walden, we guide 6th grade students through the process of identifying and applying to middle schools. Specifically, we:
- Host an Introduction to the Application Process in Spring of the 5th grade year.
- Conduct optional ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) preparatory classes each summer and after school in the fall.
- Meet with families individually in September and October to help guide the application process.
- Host an Alumni Series where Walden alumni from different schools come back to Walden and talk about their experiences and what they learned from the matriculation process.
- Conduct mock interviews in November, December, and January with 6th grade students.
- Write letters of recommendation for each student specific to the applicant schools.