Walden graduates place at the top independent schools in the area. The Class of 2016 was accepted to 15 different middle schools:
|Chandler*||Clairborne*||The Waverly School*|
|Gooden||High Point Academy||Immaculate Heart|
|Marlborough||Mayfield Junior*||St. Bede|
*The seventeen graduates matriculated to ten different middle schools, including one public school.
At Walden, we guide 6th grade students through the process of identifying and applying to middle schools. Specifically, we:
- Host an Introduction to the Application Process in Spring of the 5th grade year.
- Conduct optional ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) preparatory classes each summer and after school in the fall.
- Meet with families individually in September and October to help guide the application process.
- Host an Alumni Series where Walden alumni from different schools come back to Walden and talk about their experiences and what they learned from the matriculation process.
- Conduct mock interviews in November, December, and January with 6th grade students.
- Write letters of recommendation for each student specific to the applicant schools.